ROOM 305



ROOM 305

I watched with amazement as the girls kept coming to the hotel one after the other  and each time they asked to see a guest in Room 305.

He had laid out the appointments such that there was never a clash.
Each young lady felt special to be identified with the guest in Room 305 leaving the room with smiles obviously with loads of cash to flaunt.

I put on my investigative google and lay in wait quietly to know the runs of room 305. I never got to see who was logged in that room all through my stay.
The girls were young and naive within ages 18-22 it was obvious they were students with good spoken English which gave them away.

I waited in the reception on that fateful day and beckoned on the young lady waiting for the receptionist to guide her to room 305. Young lady I asked what’s your mission here she was obviously wandering what was my business in her matter. My heart was troubled I knew something was not right, I tried to make friends with her and gave her my number. 

The next morning I raced to wait for her at the reception before day break, my heart yearned for her I needed to do something. She gave me her name and that was it, she wouldn’t want to have anything to do with me. Oh pretty Emily, who can forget that beautiful face in a hurry.

My time was up that day and I checked out of my hotel.
I couldn’t shake the thoughts of Emily from my mind, she seemed like a promising young lady with a great destiny ahead.

I was going through a blog the following week and lo and behold Emily’s lifeless body was found in such a mysterious circumstance. It was gathered that for a week she was mute she was passing blood profusely, she couldn’t help herself her friends helped clean her up each time; No one could tell what happened to her. Similar occurrence took place all around that city, 5 young girls becoming mute and behaving weird till they all passed away.
The pictures of the girls circulated on social media my guts told me they were all victims of Room 305, my heart was broken because I felt I could have done more.
With heavy heart I write this today recalling the event of years ago.

This is a call to all parents and guardians in Nigeria with teenagers and young girls.
Please let the alarm sound ‘NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD’
It’s election season in Nigeria and many things happen, cash gifts been shared all in the name of gaining Favors to win.

Ritual killings are on the rise, same with missing young girls.

Please let’s be our brothers keepers and warn the young Emily(s) to beware of friends who lure young girls to the den of the lions in Room 305 destroying precious lives and truncating promising destinies.

Yours truly

Ife

Comments

  1. Hmmmm. So familiar yet remains scary and sometimes far away but not always. Lord help us to guide all Emily(s) around us to HIS light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contentment! We should teach our children to be contented with what we/they have.
    Sex is not a passive income, it’s a HIGH risk business if don’t out of wed luck. Beautiful piece Ife dear😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmm.

    So painful and touching!
    Thank you for this timely warning mummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God help our youths to make the right choices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE 7.30PM FLIGHT

FROM RED FLAG TO RED CARD